…A new shiny red BIKE!
After months of procrastination and searching, I have finally got me a bike.
It’s a GIANT..
and it’s pretty.
Pity it is -100 degrees today and there’s no way I’m taking it for a test ride. Bloody winter.
I snagged it from a nice old guy on eBay for $299. He bought it for $495 about 3 months ago and it’s hardly been ridden. SCORE!
It’s got disc brakes too which are worth almost as much as the bike.
I will however have to go accessory shopping. Tim and I put together a list of things that I should buy.
He put on the list:
- Helmet – Definitely. I may have been adverse to these as a youngster, but now I know I’m not invincible 😉
- Gloves – Never really considered this, but I can see that it is probably a good idea, especially for this chilly mornings
- Bike Shorts – I don’t THINK so Mr. Timmy. I ain’t Touring De France in a hurry.
- Bike Computer – I’m a bit of a geek for a bike computer so that’s a necessity. Love seeing how fast I am going.
- Pump and bracket – For sure. I think I already have one on my old bike though.
- Drink Bottles and brackets – Might be able to fit 2 bottle racks on this, but will have to check them out
- Saddle Bag with contents – Spare tubes, tyre levers. That sort of thing. I think it’s probably worth getting.
- Bike Lock – Tim has suggested the chain ones with the t-bar lock. Sounds good to me
If I bought all that, it would probably come to $350 or so, so I won’t be buying it all in a hurry, but I will definitely get the helmet, bike computer and bottles first.
Now i just have to either brave the freezing cold and ride to work, or wait till it gets warmer (end of September probably)