This is the last night in this house. It has been a good experience and I’m a bit disappointed that I have to move out, but things are in the pipeline for my next living situation, and I am optimistic that it will work out well…
Things I have learnt after my first share house experience:
- Little yappy dogs that shed lots of hair attribute to early morning wake-ups and hair of the dog…in my mouth. Blech.
- Sure, my housemate stole some of my honey and tissues, but I was using his Washing Detergent and butter, so, it all evens out 🙂
- No matter how much I tried to ignore it, it annoyed be every day that my HM left the TV and his computer on 24 hours a day.
- HM’s that don’t lock all the doors of the house piss me off. My shit is in this house too, you fucker.
- Why can’t you pull the doors shut quietly in the mornings when you go to work at 6.45am. Bang. Crash. Thump. Every. Single. Morning.
- Having my own bathroom is a sweet deal. I shared for a while, but when he left, it was great. He never cleaned the thing anyway
- Don’t trust HM’s washing up. I swear he just waved it under a cold water tap. There was always some grime or crunchy bits left over.
- Don’t walk around the house naked when you think there’s no-one home. Just because it’s quiet, doesn’t mean anything!
So, next stop? Back home with my Dad, his gf, my grandmother and my sister. Fun times!
It’s only for a week or so though before I am house-sitting for 3 weeks, and then a further 4 weeks after that at another place.
Back to being a nomad (a’la Washington 2006)
After that? Stay tuned 🙂