My poor old mobile (Sony Ericsson K750i) is on it’s last legs, but it’s not even 2 years old!
I think it’s crap that a $700 piece of equipment can fall apart after only…
- Being dropped from a height of about 4 metres onto the Indoor Cricket Centre floor.
- Being accidently flung out of my hand and flying 10 metres onto the ground of a carpark, narrowly missing being run over by a Rav 4
- Getting hot, sweaty and wet in my pocket at 2 Big Day Outs and multiple mosh pits.
- Travelling from one end of the world to the other in my pocket or bag
- Me bashing the hell out of the little joystick which never freaking works when you want it to and ‘clicks’ instead of going down or left or right or up. Grrrrrr. Most frustrating thing EVER.
- Spilling beer on it..
- Taking it to the beach on a windy day when sand was blowing up every orifice and infliltrating every little thing that I was carrying.
Actually, the fact that the phone still WORKS is a lucky thing.
Except that the lcd screen is all pale and fading and barely visible outdoors and the sliding cover for the camera doesn’t register when it is open and closed any more and the cable I have for my laptop doesn’t register that is connected at all.
So, instead of forking out another $700 or going into another 2 year contract with a Mobile provider, I decided to buy a spare parts kit for my phone on eBay.
Here’s hoping I don’t completely break the thing.