Ok, enough of banal posts and useful information. I’ll give everyone a bit of an idea of where I am at right now.
At the end of this month I would have been here 7 months. That’s 7 months out of the 11 months that I originally planned to be here. I am starting to see that those those 4 months are going to fly by and before I know it I will have to make a few big decisions in my life.
What are those decisions? Well, without getting into it too deeply, basically I have to decide a path for my life. But if this DC jaunt has taught me anything it is that I see myself moving away from the everyday 9 to 5 life and trying to find something new to consume myself with.
Back to the decisions…
- Where do I l ive when I return to Australia?
- Where do I work when I return to Australia?
- Do I return to Australia for good at Christmas time as I was originally planning?
- Do I look to travel somewhere else and work?
- Am I ready to start this next chapter in my life?
- Do I take risks and start a new venture that could potentially change my life?
These are all things that are going to be on my mind for the next 4 months, and to be honest I don’t want to think about it right now.
The only thing I know for sure is that I will be in Australia for the week before Christmas and over the Christmas break.
Of course, I miss the kids and I miss family. I miss Australia in general, but there are plenty of things that I will miss from this place as well and I don’t know if I’ll be ready to move on from them come Christmas…
But I need some inspriation. I need something that is going to make my decision easier.
Before anyone starts to say/think the obvious, if I did decide to return to the US it would not be for much longer. 6 months is what I was thinking.
I don’t know…. Really I don’t. 4 months might end up being all I want and need in this place and I will happily return home.
Maybe I won’t know until December, but shit, I wish I knew now.
A lot of it comes down to where I’m living. Which is still, NOWHERE.
I am dogsitting a cute labradoodle at the moment. That ends on the 2nd of Sept. I am then cat-sitting for a week, and then I am back to looking.
If I am still in this situation when I return to Australia then really I think my decision is made. I don’t think I want to be coming back to DC without a place to live. It’s just not doable for much longer. I need some stability if I am to stay. But lots can happen in 4 months, so I just don’t know if I can make my final decision just yet.
I dunno. I am just brain-dumping right now, but I would be happy to hear anyone’s thoughts or opinions. If I don’t like ’em I’ll just delete them. 😉 Hehehe
Hope everyone is well!