Tonight i went and saw a movie by myself for the first time ever. I am not sure why I haven’t ever done it before, but I just seemed to think it was either extremely sad, or a lonely thing to do.
In the end it was neither. I enjoyed the movie, “A Scanner Darkly” and then I enjoyed reading half a book, “By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept “, in Kramerbrooks. A great little bookshop in Dupont Circle. I am going to go back in the morning and read the rest.
But back to the meme.
A list of 12 things that keep me alive and enjoying this world we live in…
In no particular order:
1. The sounds and smells of the ocean.
2. The warm sun on any day of the year.
3. Music. All kinds. Anywhere. Anytime.
4. Watching children play. Sharing in their innocence.
5. Alone time. The chance to be within myself and enjoy it.
6. Smiling to myself and watching others smile
7. My team winning.
8. The possibility of love.
9. A book that immerses me and influences the way I look at the world.
10. A thunderstorm
11. The feeling in my mouth after a spicy meal.
12. The smell of a freshly cut lawn.
Like Ducky, this list could change from day to day, but it includes things that will always be there no matter where I am in my life.
2.17am. Time to sleep….