I went and saw Jello Biafra tonight. If you don’t know who he is, and by golly most people don’t, he’s the ex-lead singer of The Dead Kennedys.
Nowadays he does spoken word shows at rock clubs to ‘granola munching’ greenies and liberals.
Tonight I was one of those, but really I am just totally anti-Bush and anti-American that I thought I would fit right in.
Luckily the show was exactly that. He bit right to the core of the problems with not only the American Republicans, but also the Democrats and the media and mostly anyone who’s partly responsible for the degradation of America and it’s society and image that it portrays around the world.
Some, but not all of the issues he touched on…
- The total and utter stupidity of the monkey they call the President.
- The shocking hidden truth about the voting machines and ‘mislaid’ votes from the 2000 and 2004 elections.
- The golden handshakes, pats on the back and arse-kissing that Bush and the government hands out to big oil companies and multi-nationals.
- The farce of the aftermath to Hurricane Katrina and the complete disregard for human life.
- The Iraq war and the unbelievable sacrifice of human life for oil.
- The role the media plays in dumbing down the American public so they don’t realise what a Fuckhead they have for a ‘leader’
- The brainwashing pile of garbage provided by news channels, magazines and newspapers that never tell the full story, let alone accurate.
- The story of Jessica Lynch that came out of Iraq and the fact that it was fabricated bullshit.
- The evidence of global warming that the government prefers to cover up, instead searching for oil where the arctic ice used to be.
- The Christian right and the fact that when the rapture comes at least the rest of the people will be left to fix the country.
There was a lot lot more but we only stayed for 2 hours and 20 minutes and he was just taking his first break.
It’s a pity that he was speaking to a room of already converted people because a lot of what he had to say should be told to the people that refuse to listen to this sort of stuff and continue to live in their little ‘American-made’ bubble.
But in the whole it was all a little depressing. There’s just so many things wrong and just so little ways t o fix it. How can people be trusted to vote for the right people when they aren’t interested in even finding out the truth.
The same goes with Australians. We are very quickly sliding down that slippery slope that the US has been forging for years. If we don’t stop it now it’ll be too late.
I think it is already too late for the USA. Bush has sucken soooo much money into the Iraq war that everything back home is suffering and the huge debts that he’ll be left with will cripple it’s ability to recover it’s own infrastructure…let alone someone elses. Every superpower falls. I think this is just the beginning of the end for the United States, and I for one am glad I won’t be here when it sinks.
But we have to stop it from happening to Australia. We have to make sure we don’t fall down that slope after them. Just because America jumps off a cliff…….
I don’t know the solution, but one day the government will realilse that sticking their nose so far up the American bum will only bring us our downfall.
This government? No.
Maybe the next one.