Well, it’s officially the silly season. Christmas parties are done. Work is on skeleton staff. Stupid annoying scrooge clients are getting my goat for stupid issues and my gout is about to play up as I down lots of Christmas beer cheer.
So, what better time to do a Meme!
99 Things are below that I have done, want to do, or don’t want to!
Just for the hell of it. You do too?
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. (Yup! Maybe once or twice..)
2. Slept under the stars. (on a trampoline of all places!)
3. Played in a band. (..and still going strong)
4. Visited Hawaii. (Yes Please!!)
5. Watched a meteor shower. (Do they ever even happen any more?)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (Am I too old now? I can take my kids!)
8. Climbed a mountain. (Does Mt. Kosciusko count?)
9. Held a praying mantis. (We used to find them in our pool when I was a kid. They are freaky man)
10. Sang a solo. (With a band or not? I think I’ve done both anyway..)
11. Bungee jumped. (One day I’d love to. I chickened out at the Gold Coast once)
12. Visited Paris. (For sure! But when??)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (I remember seeing a storm whilst on the Fairstar. Mind you, I was 15 and had other things on my mind..)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (Does Bass Guitar count?)
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (I’ve had a couple of dodgy Chinese dinners here and there.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (I saw it from across the water and went Ooh and Aah. That’s all my budget would allow)
18. Grown your own vegetables. (Yes! In my garden right now getting a good soak!)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (Would love to! Do her eyes really follow you everywhere?)
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. (Yeah, I think so, but not with the big fluffy feathers flying everywhere…or with half-naked girls)
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not (physically) ill. (Ha. Me? Never! Hee hee hee)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb. (Nom nom nom. Oh…a real one? yeah, that too)
26. Gone skinny dipping. (2006. Cancun, Mexico. Enough said!)
27. Run a marathon. (2005. Canberra Marathon. Since then I have run a total of about 5 kilometres)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. (Would love to! As long as water is not flooding the streets)
29. Seen a total eclipse. (Yeah, I have seen a couple I reckon. Pity you can’t actually LOOK at it..)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (Duh.)
31. Hit a home run. (Not yet. I would like to, but what are the chances. I could hardly hit the ball in the batting cages!)
32. Been on a cruise. (Yes! This year and in 1991. The South Pacific beckons again!)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. (I wanted to, but again, finances did not allow.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (One day I will get to Hungary/Germany/Serbia, but haven’t yet..)
35. Seen an Amish community. (I had a chance to go when I was in D.C. but wasn’t that interested)
36. Taught yourself a new language. (Would love to learn Spanish one day!)
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (Money doesn’t necessarily satisfy, but I can’t say that I am that wanting)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (Not yet…I wanna get one of those ‘holding up’ photos)
39. Gone rock climbing. (Yup. Is fun!)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. (One day!)
41. Sung Karaoke. (They don’t call me the Karaoke king for nothing! I am a whore for that stuff)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (Huh? nah)
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. (Would LOVE LOVE to. As long as I wasn’t attacked, kidnapped or killed by a hippo)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (Hells yes! Have even hit golf balls into the water in the pitch dark)
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted. (One day…when i am king..)
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (Would like to see what those freaky looking deep sea fish look like!)
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. (How am I going to afford all this??)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (Seriously! yeah, I wanna do this..)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. (Haven’t scuba’d yet, but snorkelled in New Caledonia just a few months ago!)
52. Kissed in the rain. (Sure. It’s wet..)
53. Played in the mud. (With the kids. It’s messy!)
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. (I saw Rain Man and Twins. It was most memorable..)
55. Been in a movie. (Just waiting to find out if my application to NIDA is successful )
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. (This would be great. I wanna ride on it)
57. Started a business. (Thought about it, but probably won’t happen..)
58. Taken a martial arts class. (Tae-Kwon-Do and Karate. Probably one lesson of each. I sucked)
59. Visited Russia. (Maybe, but it’s not at the top of my list..)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (This is American isn’t it?)
62. Gone whale watching. (Not Yet, but I have seen some anyway!)
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood. (I keep wimping out. I hate needles, but I will do this next year!)
65. Gone sky diving. (YES! I’d love to do this before I die)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (I think this would be amazing to do. When I get to Europe hopefully I will)
67. Bounced a cheque. (Cheque’s? Who uses them any more?)
68. Flown in a helicopter. (Yeah! My cousin used to fly choppers in the Blue Mountains. It was awesome. Door off and everything!)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (I have a Mickey Mouse soft toy with a Michael t-shirt on it. Is cute. Oh yeah, and I keep lots of shildhood crap..)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. (Sure have. Anzac Day 2006. Dawn. It was beautiful)
71. Eaten Caviar. (Is good!)
72. Pieced a quilt. (Not my bag..)
73. Stood in Times Square. (Yeah, I did and nearly got run over. That place is crazy..)
74. Toured the Everglades. (Would like to, but again, no money to get to Florida )
75. Been fired from a job. (Not yet, but blogging at work might assist in getting there..)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. (Would like to one day..)
77. Broken a bone. (Yeah, broke my thumb playing cricket. Ow.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (nah. Bikes freak me out a bit, but I have ridden a trail bike)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (I wish I had in 2006, but I’ll get another chance…won’t I?)
80. Published a book. (Just putting the finishing touches on my memoirs now..)
81. Visited the Vatican. (meh.)
82. Bought a brand new car. (Yeah, leased a Honda Odyssey in 2005. I am still broke because of it!)
83. Walked in Jerusalem. (I’ll pass thanks.)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (I was front page baby! Canberra Times when I was in the school band. Ha!)
85. Read the entire Bible. (I can’t even finish Slash’s Biography! No thanks.)
86. Visited the White House. (Sure have. It was pretty dull.)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Fish! Trout is yum!)
88. Had chickenpox. (Yeah, and I missed a party because of it. It sucked)
89. Saved someone’s life. (Well, a bunch of us nearly drowned on a Yr. 9 school canoeing trip, but didn’t actually save anyone..)
90. Sat on a jury. (Pick me! Pick me! My sister has been, but not me. No fair!)
91. Met someone famous. (Billy Connolly in Brisbane, The real Patch Adams in DC. Oh and I walked past Kurt Russell in NYC, plus various sporting personalities)
92. Joined a book club. (I’ll leave that to LaLa to do.)
93. Lost a loved one. (Who hasn’t? Unfortunately)
94. Had a baby. (Well, not me personally, but I do have a few..)
95. Seen the Alamo in person. (Whatevs. Damn American Meme’s)
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake. (Isn’t it full of salt? How do you swim??)
97. Been involved in a law suit. (not…yet…)
98. Owned a cell phone. (Duh. It’s 2008 isn’t it?)
99. Been stung by a bee. (I was riding my bike and I flicked past a tree branch and then my neck was like WTF?? Youch.)
There we go. Some stimulating reading for all of you….
That’s it. I probably won’t blog again till 2009, so here’s hoping you all have a great Christmas and New Years.
I know I will!
I’ll be back with the Hottest 100 votes in January! I can see you all waiting with baited breath..